Tuesday, August 23, 2005

time and a word

I just want to clear a few things up in this post, rather than going into any new material.

Firstly, if you want to post comments you do not need to sign up for a blogger.com account!
Where it asks you to "choose an identity", simply select "annonymous" (if so, please do put your name in the comments unless you really do want to be completely annonymous).
Of course you are free to sign up with blogger.com as well.

The only thing that you do have to do is type the code that is given graphically before you submit.
This is just to prevent automatic spammers from burying me with junk (I had two postings from spammers within 10 minutes of posting my first entry, before I enabled that code verification - nothing since then).

Secondly, I know my last post was very long. Too long. I hadn't intended it to get so involved, but I got a bit carried away. In future I'll make a point of keeping my entries more digestible - splitting larger subject matter into smaller chunks if necessary.
I know that opening the site up for a quick browse and being faced with several screens of text is quite off-putting, so I'll keep that in mind.

Finally, some people have asked about registering for updates. At present only Atom is supported for syndication, and I've not looked into how that can be used for that purpose yet (will look into it more when I have time). If anyone reading this has experience with Atom (and I know at least one person who does ;-) ), feel free to respond with a comment on how to use it.
I believe it will require the use of some software to read feeds, but there may be an email based service.
Alternatively, if there is any interest, I could set up a mail list that I could sign anyone up to.

That's all for now. I have plenty of things to write about, but I'll give you all a break for now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Users of Mac OS X Tiger can simply use the RSS feature in Safari, which supports Atom feeds.